Re: [alfa] Breaker bar vs. impact wrench

John Hertzman wrote:
Before there was an Alfa Digest spinoff Michael Valant mentioned, in the
italian-cars-digest V2 #627, using a chain wrench around the crank pulley in
conjunction with a breaker-bar on the nut. Offhand that offers an appealing
symmetry, as well as some real conveniences for the operator.

I tried this method a few years back.  Unfortunately, I found it necessary to strike the breaker bar with a hammer and that broke a chunk out of the pulley.  The Alfetta type pulleys are thicker and sturdier, but I was working on a '74 with a thin pulley.  Those pulleys are kind of fragile, and I will not try to hold them with a chain wrench again.  -Farzan