[alfa] Take not Fred's name in vain (was: Breaker bar vs. impact wrench)

Brad Anesi, signing himself as "(Fred's occasional ghost writer) :)", writes:
"Isn't this about the point where Fred would usually jump in and say something like....
"Just buck up and get a damn impact wrench and be done with it!"
I haven't found the reference yet- didn't look that long, actually  but I was fairly sure that I first heard the "brace the breaker bar on the frame and blip the starter" routine from Fred, or more likely read it in one of his notes in "Velocissima" years before I actually met Himself in the flesh. The closest verifiable document I have found so far did not mention the starterblip or where to brace the breakerbar, but it did suggest a three foot long lever. The entire text of the note, one of Fred's earliest Tech Tips in Velocissima, (August 1981), follows:
"HOW TO REMOVE AND REPLACE THE CRANKSHAFT NUT SECURING THE PULLEY...
"Putting the car in gear and applying the emergency brake does not work. Drill a 3/8 inch hole in the bottom of the flywheel housing exactly in line with the center of the ring gear. Grind an old screwdriver to more or less fit between the gear teeth. If you're alone, hold the screwdriver in place with blocks or any other means. A hex 1-1/2 socket on no less than a 3/4 inch drive and about a three foot long lever should do it easily. If you've done this to replace the front seal, do not try to install the new seal without the proper Alfa tool. Tighten to the Alfa recommended torque value. Use locktight and bend over the locking tab."
Et in Arcadia ego,
John H.