[alfa] Front pulley torque for '79 Spider - was other things

Shawn, mylad, my Alfetta Autobooks says 137 to 145 ft. lbs.

 My Autobooks for '62 to '78 says (and I'm QUITE sure it is a MAJOR
typo) says 137.4 to 145 for the GT Junior and for the 2000 it is 70 to
72.3.

The Alfa Ricambi catalog says 140 for 1750 and 140 for 2000 '72 on.

I'm always willing to learn but if I was in your situation, I'd Much
rather take my chances on zippo red Loctite and torquing to 140 (+) for
your '79 2000 engine.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA

Hate to not make your day, but bet that little itty bitty piece of
squishy stuff causes your front seal to leak. Thus my railing against
seals with squishy stuff and wanting to know myself how to install
without removing Any squishy stuff. I'm still waiting for replies.

Oh yeah, this has come up, apparently adding silicone around the outside
edge of the seal merely acts as a lubricant for the entire seal to
squish back out once the engine is started and internal pressure builds
up.

God, I hate those seals with a passion. For me it is the only thing I
install on an engine (except the rubber seal for the Spica micro-switch
- which is why I love, by comparison, the '69 Spica) and virtually know
it will fail immediately. Anyone Ever remove a 2000 engine with at least
20k miles on it and the front timing chain chest was remotely spotless?
Didn't think so.