RE: [alfa] Re: Breaker bar vs. impact wrench

Hi all -

Thanks for all of your great advice. I was able to borrow an impact
wrench, and the bolt came free without a lot of fuss. I'll be returning
my breaker bar unused - and I'm glad that you guys prevented me from
endangering the car.

The new crank seal was a bit of a pain to put in - but it eventually
went in with only a small amount of the rubber "squishy stuff" (as it
was called before) coming off in the process - hopefully this means
it'll work well now - but if I should be concerned about the small bit
of material, let me know.

I thought I remembered someone saying the torque for that bolt was
around 140, but my shop manual says 70-72 lb ft. Sound right? I put it
in with red loctite, and hopefully it'll be the last I'll see of that
bolt for a long time.

Thanks to all -

Shawn Mayer
www.magneticormosaic.com