[alfa] RESULTS--dead GTV-6 & MarelliPlex

Congratulations to and for Alan Lambert in finding the solution to his
on going cutting out problem on his GTV6. True, he called in the Big
Guns (Bosch rep) and all I've done is bug youse guys / gals for the past
two years regarding my MarelliPlex problem - though I've been recently
made aware anyone working on these cars for a living (I assume it also
means their own car) should know everything about everything. Not in my lifetime.

Don' suppose you'd like to stop by Alan and bring your Bosch rep with
you?

Believe the old girl (Alfetta GT / MarelliPlex) is / are fixed. Not
conked out since recurved distributor came back from Jim Steck and
installed both the green and green / black wire on +. Haven't driven far
but got stuck in a horrendous traffic jam which MP never liked in the
past. She took a licking, but kept on ticking (to coin a phrase - yeah,
I know).

I will be driving all the way to Venice next Sunday to have a belated
b'day sushi lunch with the daughter. Last trip out there barely made it
home from the cutting out problem. So figure, this will be the Big Test
if she (MP) doesn't misbehave going and coming. Hey, I just work on the
cars, I don't drive them much.

Believe I mentioned, but MP can now be timed so it pretty much is at 5
or 6 degrees BTDC and goes all the way to Max Advance (38 degrees). Very
noticeable ooomph down low since in the past I'd set timing at the max
advance mark and let the idle portion fall where it may.

A highly recommended modification.

Alan, curious as to how one wire out of a whole bunch became frayed -
discerning mouse with a fondness for the combination of blue and white?

Bet you feel much better now, though perhaps a few dollars lighter.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA