[alfa] Replacement of front crankshaft seal - spider

Hello all -

I've had my 79 spider about 3 years now, and am finally starting to do
some of the work myself. I've got the head off right now to be rebuilt
(I burned 2 valves in the fall), and I would like to replace my front
crankshaft seal while I have access - it leaks a fair bit of oil.

I have not been able to find a very good procedure for this - so if
someone has a link, or can give me a brief rundown, I would appreciate
it. I've heard conflicting information on a couple of things, such as:
-Do I need to remove the water pump to get to the seal?
-Should I pull the timing chain cover, seat the new seal in the cover,
and fit with new gaskets, or am I better off pulling/replacing the seal
with the front cover in place?
-Is there a special procedure I need to follow with regard to the SPICA
drive/belt since it's run from crankshaft?

And finally - I know I need to use an impact wrench to get the pulley
free. My shop manual shows the bolt to be a "special bolt." Does this
mean I need a "special wrench" head to remove it. I don't have the car
in front of me to check this out at the moment.

Thanks in advance for any info provided - enjoy your cars in the spring
sun!

Shawn Mayer
79 Spider Veloce