[alfa] Sinking 164 Clutch

Jack,

The symptoms that you describe are a dead slave cylinder.  I've had this
happen twice.  Check if it is leaking - if there is fluid near it then it's
most likely dead.

For the record, the Alfa manual (on the Cardisc) describes what most people
call the "master cylinder" as the "clutch pump", and describes what most of
us call the "slave cylinder" as the "master cylinder".  I'm referring to
the slave cylinder mounted on the bellhousing.

Good luck!

John Wiltshire
Sydney Australia

- NOTICE FROM GOODMAN FIELDER LIMITED
they are addressed.

If you have received this email in error, you are prohibited from
reading, copying, distributing and using the information. Please
contact the sender immediately by return email and destroy
the original message.

You should scan this message and any attachments for viruses.
Under no circumstances do we accept liability for any loss or
damage which may result from your receipt of this message or
any attachments.