[alfa] changing shifters

On all this discussion of using late-type shifters to avoid the rattle of
the early type, there's one small point for Giulia sedan owners.  Giulia
sedans had a more upright shift lever than all other 105/115 Alfas.  That
is, the angle between the cast base that fits on the shifter stub of the
trans, and the chrome shift lever itself, is closer to a straight line that
Berlina, GTV, Spider shifters, which are more "bent."  So the shifter is
more "upright" or forward in all gears on a Giulia sedan.  I imagine people
have successfully fitted later type shifters on Giulias, but you might run
into interference with the seat or have an awkward angle if you have stock
seats.  I personally like the Giulia angle better.

Did 101 sedans have this more upright shifter, compared to Spiders and
Sprints?

Andrew Watry