[alfa] 105 gearshift rattle

Thanks Bill and to all others who replied on this subject.

>>"Bill Sinclair" <bills@domain.elided> said
>>I tried shrink tubing, teflon tubing and surgical tubing -none of them
worked.
I tried some of those and a few others too and nothing worked for me either. I
was just getting ready to try the ideas from this thread (RTV and o-rings) when
a friend with a great deal of experience suggested that nothing would ever work
-  and that the only way is to replace the shifter with a later one from the
2000 car that doesn't have the lock-out mechanism. I had no idea the later
shifter was so different, so I ordered one from APE today, that's got to work.

Thanks to all who replied.

-Richard Lane
'67 GTV, San Jose, CA