[alfa] Duetto fuel filter

I have good reason to believe that they do regulate pressure. When I rebuilt
my spider engine (with Webers) I installed a Facet fuel pump and a Duetto
style filter regulator that I had removed from a 70 Euro spider. After about
a year, I sold the filter regulator on ebay and installed a disposable,
inline filter. My idle went rough, hot starting was difficult and gas
mileage was worse. I then installed a cheap inline regulator and the
problems were cured. I have found that 2.5 psi is best with my carbs. 2.0
causes missing at high rpm and anything over 3.0 causes flooding. My
conclusion is that the Duetto style filter was regulating at 2.5-3.0 psi.

Ed Prytherch

So I have two questions for the list. First, has this happened to