[alfa] Spica Pump Wiring

Big Steve asks:
"Hey, I was wondering if there was a simple answer to a wiring problem I
have.  I have two wires coming out of the bottom of the pump (both
black) and the two connections on top with nothing connected to them.
Can someone give me an idea on where to look for these wires, or where I
can wire them to?  Ive been looking through the wiring diagram somone
posted on here earlier to no avail."

*******

I've always found these two wires to be the same color - generally white
with a black sheath - so assume it doesn't matter which goes to each.
One goes right above to the fuel cut off solenoid (further forward unit
which hopefully has a spade fitting on the top for the female
connector). The other goes to the #9 fuse - at least it does on a '78
Alfetta GT wiring diagram.

Since I've never been hesitant to answer questions which weren't asked,
suggest you change wiring on the Spica fuel cut off solenoid (one in the
rear which also hopefully has an electrical spade connection on top) to
go to the lower (shorter) 8 mm stud on the starter solenoid, rather than
going to the spade connection. If wire is hard as a rock, rewire
completely since you'll need an 8 mm ring connector anyway. I'd use 12
gauge wire.

Yeah Alfanovice, Brian Ancelin, suggested this to me regarding starter
running on on '69 Spider. Did I listen? He mentioned he got the
information from Wes Ingram. Since I'm going to have Wes rebuild this
original (no electronic fuel cut off solenoid) Spica, mentioned to him
about the running on and how I'd hooked up both a starter and Spica cold
start relay but wasn't having much luck. So he repeated what Brian had
suggested.

Bottom line is car still won't start, but isn't running on. Yes, I
realize this is the sabbath for some, and in any event is not kosher to
say but "Fuck It". After sending this missive I'm going to go take the
bloody car apart from top to bottom. Okay, was going to anyway, but
hoped I could get engine running decently before doing so. Na gonna
happin. Do believe Spica is pretty fried.  We'll see.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA