RE: [alfa] 91 Spider won't startalfa-digest V10 #1

> When are you measuring these things?  How good is the battery voltage?
> I've seen Motronic cars not start due to a *slightly* low
> battery.  Keep in
> mind that Motronic doesn't switch the fuel pump from the AFM door like
> L-Jetronic does--it's switched by the ECU.  Your ECU diagnosis might be
> valid since you're getting neither spark nor fuel (but it could also be a
> slightly low battery, as mentioned above).  Are you detecting 0V
> across the
> fuel pump when you're cranking the engine?  Then and when the engine is
> running are the only two situations where you should see voltage at the
> fuel pump.

Joe is mostly correct.   A couple things.  The fuel pump is triggered by RPM
in a ML1.3 car.  This is a safety measure that in the event of an accident
and the car stalls, the fuel pump will quit running.   On an L-Jet Spider,
the fuel pump relay is triggered from the ignition switch during cranking
and from the ECU while running.  There's no flapper-door switch like the V6
cars.

I'd suspect the flywheel crank angle sensor.  Do you get pulses at coil(-)?
If not, no RPM to the ECU, and no run.

-Peter