RE: [alfa] Exhaust temperature

Those temps are fine.   You can run to 1500DegF.   High EGT is indicative of
a lean mixture or ignition timing.   Check the ignition timing again through
the advance curve.  Make sure the weights aren't binding in the dizzy.  The
WB02 will tell you what your AFR is, I expect it to show 12.5:1 under
acceleration and 14:1 at cruise.   IME, the Spica pumps hardly ever go lean
if set up properly.  If the AFR's show ok, the problem is ignition.  If
you're running one of those horrible 70s Marelli points distributors, dump
it.   You can retro-fit a later Spider inductive or hall-type pickup on an
HEI-4 module.   Very simple to set up.   The HEI requires an unductive
pickup but can be run from a hall sensor with a 1K resistor inline to the
pickup (-) line.   Motronic Spider dizzies have a hall-sensor in them.   Not
sure what kind of sensor the RML or MSD(Crane) uses.  The HEI-4 modules are
about $20.   You can use any coil with it.   The Motronic Spiders use a
special coil because of the Bosch transistorized ignition module.   The
HEI-4 has dwell built in.  You could also try an HEI-7 module and an
external timing control box.

BTW, the MegaJoltLite (or MSnS) will control both the HEI-7 and Bosch
transistor module with electronic advance control based on RPM and MAP.  See
the MSnS Yahoo group files section for wiring diagrams and how-tos.  Get
t.he Bosch module from a ML4.1 164

-Peter