Stag/Stag Digest Archive

73 Stag for Sale on Ebay

Hello List:

I had many people respond to my Stag for Sale on Ebay, but ultimately the
old tried but true method of selling prevailed. I put an ad in the local
paper and the first person that came by drove it and paid full price for
it. ($600 over what I had it listed for on the internet)

I'm not sure why the internet failed me when I tried to sell it repeatedly,
but oh well...

Now, I still have one more Stag that is a project car that I'd like to sell
befor I move. It is a great car to start a restoration. It has about 38K
original miles on it. It is a 71 with wire wheels and automatic, hardtop, etc.

Color is Brown over tan. It is original to the point it even has the
original factory battery retaining straps!

The problems: The engine went bad early and the Triumph dealer got the car
back. How I don't know but it must have been an interesting story because I
got no keys with the car and the cowl where the keys go is cut open
professionally (I'm sure to move the car). The person that bought it from
the Triumph dealer bought another 3.0 Stag engine for it (it comes with
car), but never installed it. He died and I purchased the car from his son
who wanted to restore it but did not have any money.

The car is absolutely rust free except for two circular areas on the
hardtop. I remember the seats to be perfect, but I should look again to be
sure. My absolute bottom line on the car is $3000. I figure the rust free
body has to be worth $2000 by itself!

Please let me know if there are any shoppers still out there. I had a heck
of a time selling a really nice running rust free 73, I don't know how this
will do, but I feel this list is as good a place as any to start!