Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Stags in France

Hi David

Officially there were 43 Stags imported to France in 1970-71, but some of
them were re-registered in Belgium (how many not known).  I am in touch
with 5 'genuine' French-owned Stags, plus we have 4 TSR British members who
live and keep their Stags in France including Pete and Val Gaffney.

The French registration system is tortuous and departmentalised, and it
appears to be impossible to get an accurate figure. However, due to the
migration to Belgium and attrition we must assume it is only a handful or
two now.

Having a meeting with some of them near Paris at the end of this month.

IMHO - Mike Wattam
Chairman - Triumph Stag Register