Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Heater Tap.

John,

I experienced this problem last year but managed
to overcome it without heat, slide hammers, or having
to remove the heater.

Another SOC member lent me a small puller device he'd
knocked up. It consisted of a longer screw than the original
one (BTW it's NOT a self-tapper, it's a conventional screw,
albeit very small in diameter) and various washers and bits
of tube.

When assembled correctly I was able to withdraw the valve
quite easily.  If you were a bit closer I'm sure he'd lend it
to you too. However, you may be able to make up something
similar without too much trouble. You get some water leaking
out so be prepared for that.

John Clayton
SOC member no.1570
Kent. UK

> From: John Fergus <jbaf@domain.elided>
> To: Stag Digest <stag@domain.elided>
> Subject: Heater Tap.
> Date: 14 June 1999 00:47
>
> The heater tap on the side of the heater unit seems to be frozen shut.
The