Stag/Stag Digest Archive

RE. new to the list

Thank you both (Peter and Graham) for your reply. My stag has covered
165,000 km (100,000 miles) and there is only blue smoke when accelerating
into the high revs. My foot is not that light by the way since the most fun
you get with a stag is to accelerate hard from low revs and listen to the
sound of your exhaust (together with everybody els in the neighbourhood).
And blipping the throttle while shifting down or while waiting for a traffic
light is another (macho) hobby of mine.
My oil consumption is calculated using the assumption that the two marks on
the dip stick represent 1 liter. So I hope you are right because then mine
will only use 1 liter every 2000 miles (but if I am right yours uses 1 liter
every 3000 miles instead of 6000).
Regards Paul