Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: turn signals-help!

richard.brake@domain.elided writes:

<< If by "front side marker lamps" you mean small rectangular
 lights with curved faces. These are on the front wings approx. 9" back
 from the front panel, then in the UK they are auxiliary turn indicators
 and are meant to flash with the indicators. They should be orange for
 the UK spec.

 	UK doesn't have side "side lights" only front and rear side
 lights. Confused I'm not surprised. I think that Triumphs were
 designed/styled before the days when side lights that could be seen from
 the side not were a legal requirement. Now days manufacturers go for
 wrap round lights that do both  the front and side in one.

 	On the rear wings in the UK there are Stag badges whereas I
 believe US has side lights or are they reflectors.

 	The more I think about I suspect you've either got a UK spec car
 or wiring loom!

 	It depends what your country's requirements are for a vehicle of
 that manufacture/build date. I know people have to change certain lights
 importing US spec cars into the UK. It depends how thorough the annual
 vehicle test (MOT) is as to whether they pick it up.

 	Hope this helps.

 Richard  Brake
 richard.brake@domain.elided >>

Thanks, Richard, this certainly sheds some light on things.  I do mean the
small rectangular lights on the front wings when I say the front side marker
lamps.  My L one does flash with the turn signals, the right is completely
dead which may explain why the R turn signals don't flash at all.  In the
U.S., those lights are not curved, but flat, but they are also amber.  The
rear wings have a flat red light in place of the Stag badges.  These are on
steady with the front/rear parking lamps with the ignition on.  This helps
alot.
Unfortunately, I accidently shorted out the two positive wires in the L F
turn signal assembly, and now my L parking lights F&R don't work at all.  The
fuse is O.K.  Is there an in-line fuse that I may have blown?  Back to square
1.  Electronics is not my forte (neither is spelling, most likely).

Thanks,

Frank Magnusson
Wichita, KS.