Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Tyres/Tires

  Gents

May I suggest that you upgrade to 195 michelin insteas of 185.

The reason that I suggest this is that the 195 are almost identical, more than 185's, in their rolling radius to the originally specified 175's.

the 185 have a smaller radius therefore more turns of the back wheel.

Information was supplied by michelin.

Prior to a recent trip (4000K's) I transferred my 195 from my stag to my 2500 sedan ( I ran out of time to get a new step of tyres) and the odometer error was 1/10th a kilo in 5kilometres, this was a lot closer than when I was using 185's.

I have posted this info before:

Standard 175    * 14  =  634 millimetres
         185.70 * 14  =  616
         195.75 * 14  =  630

keep staggering  brian