Stag/Stag Digest Archive

RE: Camber Adjustment and other stuff

The front camber is set by shim's between the vertical link (spider) and
the strut base. I asked Rimmers about these a little while ago and the
were NLS. A friend is having some made for me by having 3/8 ID steel
washers milled down the requisite thickness.

I don't think the rear has adjustable camber as such (toe-in, yes this
is done by shims on the trailing arm brackets or shackles). Chris witor
(UK) sells modified trailing arm brackets for approx  £27 (a pair).I
think there are two different brackets, one gives 1.5o  the other 30 of
camber at the rear wheel. These are to correct the rear wheel camber
when using lowered rear springs. I fitted a pair and they work very
well, you only change one pair of brackets. This was on my 2000 MkI with
MkII rear suspension lowered by 1".

You can also get rear spring spacers/isolators in polyurethane (of
varying thickness's) but these are counter-productive if your aim is to
lower the car. But they can be usefull in fine-tuning the rear ride
height.

Richard  Brake
richard.brake@domain.elided

	Quick one. Is camber adjustment (front and back) accomplished
only by
	fitting new springs and or spacers in the old ones.