Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Minilite/Superlite wheels. Little Stag content.

Hi,

Could someone comment on the Minilite situation? I'm thinking about
getting a set. There is a distributor in the US who imports them, and
they are quite expensive. I want to be sure I'm getting a quality
product.

I've noticed that <www.minilite.com> leads me to an ISP introductory
page. The record was created in June of 1998 which leads me to believe
that someone is trying to scalp the domain. A Minilite page can be found
at <http://www.racecar.co.uk/minilite/index.html>. Searching Minilite I
also find some similar wheels called Superlite at
<http://www.superlite.com>. There is a company in America that imports
the "Minilite" wheels. They can be found at
<http://www.ctbw.com/mainstreet/wheels.htm>.

My question is, what's the deal? I want a set of true Minilites such as
were made in the UK in the '60s. Are either of these companies making
the real thing? Is the quality and value of either the same as that of
yesteryear?

I think that some of the Minilites I used during the late '60s and early
'70s were magnesium and not aluminum. Are the magnesium wheels still
available? I don't see any indication that they are.

Thanks,
Charles