Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: stag-Air Conditioning

George R writes:

<< Has anyone done anything as far as improvements to the Stag air
 conditioning?

 Different coolant, newer compressor type, or other mods you consider
 worthwhile?

 My AC is in pieces in the boot, and before I consider reassembling it to
 find out why, I'd like to consider whether or not to make changes to it.

 George Richardson
 '71 Stag - LE8176LBW >>

Hi George,
As a point of interest to you, I totally re-did the entire A/C system and
changed over to R134 Ref.  The ONE thing I regret is using the original type
compressor.  This monster cuts heavily into the power curve and worse yet,
creates considerable vibration.  If I was to do it over, I'd install a
Sansone Radial unit.  They are all of $200 new.  Learning a lesson from the
Stag, I installed the Sansone on a Jaguar and it's terrific.
Keith Headley