Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: 71 Stag

Gordon Foster / Barbara Foster <barbara_foster@domain.elided> wrote:

> > I think I can buy this car for $9K Canadian or less.
> > Any comments welcome. I don't know why I'm asking, I really like the car
> > and I think I've covered the worst items - Maybe I need some reassurance
>
> (Unfortunately) Stags similar to the one you described in the U.S. go for $2500 to
> $5000 and they're not all that hard to find.

Hi,

There's a red '73 MK II 4 speed (not OD) in Shreveport, LA (USA). All
original and bone stock, 48K miles. I suspect the usual timing chain
problem. Body and interior are excellent but some bondo on the right
fender, no rust that I could detect anywhere (I know somewhat about cars
and rust, and I really mean no rust). Paint is good to very good
(garaged car?). I think US 1900-2100 will take it if anyone is
interested.

Charles