Stag/Stag Digest Archive

engine temp.

I've installed a Kenlowe electric fan and an engine oil cooler.  I
changed my thermostat from 80 something to 74.  The engine temp at idle
now sits comfortably half way between hot and cold.  Before the
modifications the temp. gauge would sit at 2/3 towards hot. On a cruise
it would venture into hot.
I'm still concerned in trying to bring the temp. down.  Any suggestions
before I look into changing the gauge?
One thing, after I let the engine cool down a little, I remove the
radiator cap from the radiator that is,  and I can touch the coolant
with my bare finger.  The gauge would still move up to half way between
hot and cold.
If I change the gauge, I'll look into getting one with a Fahrenheit
scale.  What is the max. temp. that I could expect the temperature to
reach?

===
Sujit Roy
786 Erie Circle,