Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: vacuum hose routing help needed

In a message dated 4/26/99 6:57:22 AM Central Daylight Time,
D.Biggs@domain.elided writes:

<< FMags2@domain.elided wrote:

 > Hello all.  I am in the process of reconnecting vacuum lines which had been
 > removed by the PO.  Problem is, I don't know where they are supposed to go.
 > The workshop manual and Practical Classics book are of some help, but don't
 > show everything.
 > Here's how I think it goes; any help greatly appreciated!! (car is a LHD
 > U.S.spec MkI)
 >
 > 1.  Drivers side carb
 >    a.  pipe on front face of carb body - hose connects to pipe on rear face
 > of pax side carb?

 If these are the crankcase breather pipes then - 2" hose from cam cover
 to T piece, hose from T to large input of each carb (rear of l/h front
 of r/h).

 Or carb overflow pipes which come out of the front of each carb to a T
 and than down to rhs if crank pulley to the road (may be different on US
 cars).

 >    b.  pipe next to carb on elbow (facing outward) - hose goes to T fitting
 > between carbs?

 T piece connected to rear of air box and pipe from T to each carb elbow
 via a rubber elbow.

 > 2.  Pax side carb
 >    a.  pipe on rear face of carb - hose connects to pipe on front face of
 > drivers side carb?

 See above.

 >    b.  pipe next to carb elbow (facing outward) - hose goes to T fitting
 > between carbs?

 See above.

 > 3.  T fitting between carbs - connects 1b, 2b, above?  3rd side of T
connects
 > to rear of air cleaner box?

 Correct but centre bit of `T' faces lhs.

 > 4.  valve on bottom of air cleaner box
 >    a.  one fitting connects to intake manifold??
 >    b.  one fitting connects to butterfly valve on top of air cleaner box?

 Correct.

 > 5.   vacuum hose from vacuum advance on distributor connects to what??

 Brass fitting between carbs (on r/h carb I think) next to pedestal
 fixing nut.

 --
 	Dave Biggs
 	Senior Design Engineer

Thanks, Dave; this is a great help.  Hope to have the car running this
weekend.

Frank M.