Stag/Stag Digest Archive

vacuum hose routing help needed

Hello all.  I am in the process of reconnecting vacuum lines which had been
removed by the PO.  Problem is, I don't know where they are supposed to go.
The workshop manual and Practical Classics book are of some help, but don't
show everything.
Here's how I think it goes; any help greatly appreciated!! (car is a LHD
U.S.spec MkI)

1.  Drivers side carb
   a.  pipe on front face of carb body - hose connects to pipe on rear face
of pax side carb?
   b.  pipe next to carb on elbow (facing outward) - hose goes to T fitting
between carbs?

2.  Pax side carb
   a.  pipe on rear face of carb - hose connects to pipe on front face of
drivers side carb?
   b.  pipe next to carb elbow (facing outward) - hose goes to T fitting
between carbs?

3.  T fitting between carbs - connects 1b, 2b, above?  3rd side of T connects
to rear of air cleaner box?

4.  valve on bottom of air cleaner box
   a.  one fitting connects to intake manifold??
   b.  one fitting connects to butterfly valve on top of air cleaner box?

5.   vacuum hose from vacuum advance on distributor connects to what??

Any help greatly appreciated.  These are mostly guesses from diagrams in book
and photocopies.

TIA,
Frank Magnusson
Wichita, KS, USA