Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Triumph Memorial Fund

Phil and all

Thanks Phil for getting knowledge of the memorial fund out to more of us
than knew before, although the TSR has been attempting to 'push' for this
with our own members (25% overseas) for some months.

If anybody doesn't know who John Macartney is - or even doubts his
credentials - he is well known to many of us personally, if not also for
his excellent book 'In the Shadow of my Father' and his current 'hobby' as
editor of the 2000 Register newsletter.  He can often also be seen working
at the Heritage Museum at Gaydon, UK.

All Triumph clubs in the UK are engaged in trying to raise the money for
this (via the Standard-Triumph Forum), and it is all being co-ordinated by
Chris Cunnington of the TR Register who has done all the thankless
backgorund work such as coming up with prices, designs, getting the local
council and landowners to agree we can actually do this, making a model and

IMHO - Mike Wattam
Chairman - Triumph Stag Register