Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: G'day

In a message dated 3/30/99 10:39:45 PM Central Standard Time,
Martin.Telfer@domain.elided writes:

<< Ladies and gentlemen,

 Greetings from an autumnal Sydney. I am new to the digest, and pretty new to
 Stags. I bought mine late last year in Towoomba, Queensland. It's a 77 Auto
 with wire wheels, largely original but with new suspension bushes, shocks,
 overhauled engine & 'box and, sadly, a not-very-nice CD/Radio with speakers
 in the door panels. I'd have preferred a Radiomobile myself...

 I've had a bit of work done - PWDA switch (leaking), brake warninfglight
 (disconnected), wipers (park switch not working), carb diaphragms (full of
 holes), and some trim bits - sun visor gripper rubbers (they weren't),
 speaker grille (partially melted by the Oz sun).
 Otherwise she is in great shape - looks like a reasonably accurate 83k km.
 Has tubular  extractors so sounds wonderful.

 You might sense that I am happy after realising a childhood dream - the
 fellow across the raod from my parents' house in Yorkshire had one when I
 was about 11 years old...it's taken me 29 years and a relocation to Sydney
 to get one!

 I DO have a question. The sockets at the top of the B posts which connect up
 the heated rear window are missing. I haven't looked hard, but from poking
 my fingers in there there only seems to be wiring in the right hand B post.
 I have 2 new sockets courtesy of Rimmers and my Dad coming out here a few
 months ago. As winter - or what passes for winter here - approaches I expect
 to use the hard top a bit and it would be nice to have the HRW working.
 There is zip about these contacts in my ROM...can anyone help please?

 Also, any other Sydney owners?

 Martin Telfer

 Martin Telfer
 Executive Director (Technology & Information)
 Mallesons Stephen Jaques Sydney
 Direct Line	(61 2) 9296 3344
 Direct Fax	(61 2) 9296 3885

G'day, Martin!  I had a similar question a few weeks ago, and I am new to
Stags also.  The sockets are there evidently to enable a ground for the HRW
circuit.  There should be two wires in each B post:  a black one and a white
one with a green tracer.  You might look down inside the B-post with a
flashlight or fisn down there with one of those 3 pronged parts retrieval
tools as the wires may have fallen down inside.

Frank Magnusson
Wichita, Kansas, USA
'72 Stag MkI