Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Stag overheating FIXED

Once again, Thanks to everyone who answered my plea for help with the
overheating problem. I am happy to say that for the first time in FOUR
years my 73 Stag MKII was driven on the roads!! I seemed to have licked
the boiling over problem with a combination of changing the cap and
making sure that all air pockets were bleed from the cooling system. On a
trip from Ft.Lauderdale to Boca Raton and back (a whole 28 miles) the car
did not go over the half way mark on the temp gauge. Suspension feels
great, transmission shifts when it is supposed to and it even stops,
although I don't think the booster is working correctly. Now a list of
details, like putting a top on the car, fixing the tach and speedo....

Hope this can serve as inspiration to those of you who are getting near
to the end of the restoration.

Larry Miceli
'73 Stag
'66 Herald

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]