Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Tacho problems

I've just pulled my tachometer from the car because of erratic behavior,
and found the the mechanism was a bit loose in the case.

The rubber mounts at the back of the case had apparently compressed over
the years, letting the unit move a bit, and allowing the ground strap on
the one mounting screw at the back to move. This caused erratic operation.

The strap goes from the case to one of 2 screws that have rubber spacers.
Tightening the screw eliminated the problem.

--
George Richardson
The Wyvern - '57 TR3, TS15559L - http://www.merlingroupinc.com/tr3.htm