Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Air conditioner condensor

Hello all; thanks again for the answers to my last questions.  Here's a few
more:  I'm not entirely sure that my air conditioning system is original.
1.  The compressor looks to be correct from the parts book diagrams, but how
can I be sure it's the right one?
2.  I don't think that my condensor is original.  It measures 19x10 inches and
is 1.5 inches thick.  It has two rows of tubes going through it from side to
side with 10 tubes (5 loops at each end)  The inlet and outlet are on the
drivers side and face each other.
3.  Is the condensor on a late MkI supposed to be mounted directly in front of
the radiator?
Thanks again,
Frank Magnusson