Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Stag overheating problem - help!

Hello Dave,

Thanks for the response.
No , the expansion bottle looks correct for the MKII but the cap is
marked 14 rather than 20. With the new set-up the car boils over. With
the old set up it seems to do fine. BTW, the caps from the old set up
will not fit the new bottle. I drove the car a little more and when
cooling down it is still gurgling a lot. I take this to be the water
boiling in the block still.

Larry Miceli
66 Herald
73 Stag

On Mon, 22 Mar 1999 17:58:42 +0000 Dave Biggs <D.Biggs@domain.elided>
writes:
>Larry,
>
>I assumed that your original set up was a MK II radiator and
>expansion
>bottle with 20lb cap. Did Rimmer send you a MK1 bottle and/or 14lb cap
>?
>The MK I had the pipe from the radiator going into the bottle through
>the cap and the MK II had the pipe going into the bottom of the
>bottle
>and a `normal' style cap.
>
>Dave.
>--
>	Dave Biggs
>	Senior Design Engineer
>	Fujitsu Telecommunications Europe Ltd,
>	Birmingham Business Park,Solihull Parkway, Birmingham, B37
>7YU.
>	mailto:D.Biggs@domain.elided  tel: 0121 717 6094  efax: 0121 717
>6014

Larry Miceli
'73 Stag
'66 Herald

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]