Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Stag overheating problem - help!

First, thanks to everyone who responded with a lot of good suggestions on
the overheating problem.

I think Dave hit the ail on the head. I bought a new expansion bottle and
cap from Rimmer. The new bottle has a 14 lb cap on it and it is NOT
interchangeable with the original. I put the original (old nasty)
expansion bottle and cap back on and the problem seems to be resolved,
although I still seem to have some gurgling noises after the car is shut
off. Perhaps there is still some air in the system?

I actually drove the car for the first time in 4 years this past weekend.
I can't wait until all of the little problems are worked out so I can
enjoy the car. (And start rebuilding the motor in the Herald...)

Larry Miceli
66 Herald
73 Stag
On Mon, 22 Mar 1999 13:24:51 +0000 Dave Biggs <D.Biggs@domain.elided>
writes:
>Larry,
>
>Just to add to what others have already said. Check that the
>expansion
>bottle cap is a 20lb cap, this was changed (from 12lb I think) during
>production to help prevent boiling.
>
>It normally takes a few heat cycles to get all the air out of the
>system
>after emptying and refilling.
>
>I will be doing the same nail biting when I start mine up for the
>first
>time after a 9 year restoration !
>
>Good luck,
>
>Dave.
>

>--
>	Dave Biggs
>	Senior Design Engineer
>	Fujitsu Telecommunications Europe Ltd,
>	Birmingham Business Park,Solihull Parkway, Birmingham, B37
>7YU.
>	mailto:D.Biggs@domain.elided  tel: 0121 717 6094  efax: 0121 717
>6014

Larry Miceli
'73 Stag
'66 Herald

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]