Stag/Stag Digest Archive

RE: 6 Cylinder stags

The 2.5PI will deliver 132BHP (Saloon) and 150BHP (TR5/6). These would I
believe have been acceptable amounts of power and the engine bay was
designed around the Triumph straight six. The gearbox fits better as
well.

The PI system could not meet proposed American emission specifications
so they went for the V8. Although I did read somewhere that they tried a
2.5 V8 with injection (where can I get one of them?).

Richard  Brake
richard.brake@domain.elided