Stag/Stag Digest Archive

6 Cylinder stags

Gents

My reading of the history of the stags has revealed that the proto-types were built with the 6 cylinder motors, however in orfder to complete with a couple of other cars of the time, the stag was converted to the V8 to give a little more grunt.

Question:   did the stags ever get produced with the 6 motor?

and more specifically, did the 6 motor stag ever get to New Zealand?

The reason is that we have a chap here in Canberra who has a "72 stag with a 6 motor, and he claims that is how it was exported to Oz from NZ.

keep staggering   Brian