Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Hard Top for Sale

Just a quick note to notify the list of a used hard top for sale on the eBay
on-line auction service.  Current price sits at $10.00 but the seller has a
reserve on this item.  Sign-on at www.ebay.com and register to get access to
the hundreds of thousands of items being offered at this site.  (good search
engine)

	The seller in Rochester, New York (USA)  states "Good solid rust free hard
top with no dents.  Comes with complete set of glass and latches but needs new
headliner and chrome trim.  In primer.  Winning bidder to pay actual shipping
costs."

Sounds like this seller has an unpainted "over-the-parts-counter" hard top
which was ordered as an accessory from the dealer.  I ordered my hard top this
way in  early 1978 and was told that it was the last one available from
British Leyland in the States.  Mine came crated from the East coast and had
bags of latches and chrome and side glass tossed into the crate.  (luckily it
was all there)  I understand that the dealers sold the Stag with matching
hardtops but the parts counter had the primer versions for those deciding to
by the hardtop later.  I decided I would only purchase my current Stag if a
hardtop was still available - upon checking with the Triumph dealer and
securing my hardtop, I completed the purchase of my (then 6+ year old) "baby".
According to my wife, the jury is still out on whether that was a good omen
that the hard top was still available.

	Fast forward twenty-one years and the hardtop is painted to match but has
only been on the car twice.  Nice car but I think the Stag still looks best as
an open car.

Gerry Uenaka
'71 - red, 4 spd, CWW
~San Jose, California