Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Gigantic Oil Leak

Hi All

Whilst driving home today my Oil pressure gauge dropped to zero !!

Upon checking oil appeared to be leaking out by the bucket full ! So much so
it took 8 litres of oil to drive 12 miles !!

Upon checking further it looks as though the oil is coming out from behind
one of the four oil pump bolts. I tried tightening these bolts but they are
as tight as they go, so does this mean the oil pump is shot, or can the
washers on these bolts fail ?

Any input on oil pump failures and cures would be most grateful, especially
as this is the first time I have ever had to do one on any car I owned.

Regards
Ian Baird
'70MK1 Stag LD122