Stag/Stag Digest Archive

BW35 Automatic Tranmission

Hi all
Well I have the oil pan off.
Clean as a whistle. Not a speck of anything sinister like bits of clutch or
shards of metal.
The magnet seemed to have something like vaseline on it and some minute iron
filings, enough to make 1/4 of a match head.
The return pipe from the cooler was a bit blocked at the back (I could hardly
blow through it). I removed it and flushed with white spirit and pale pink
thick fluid came out?? I can breath through it now.
The only other thing I notice is the restrictor where the cooler return pipe
enters the box is missing. Just a small brass connector. No tube down into the
pan. Part 150869 missing. how important is that?  Is it fitted to the early
box I have a 9EZ?
Any help will be much appreciated.
Peter H