Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Clutch

Ian Soady wrote:

> Just had a really weird thing happen - had driven about 70 miles and was
> stopped at a traffic light yesterday evening. When I went to put the car
> in first (manual) it was just as if the clutch wasn't clearing at all
> despite the fact that the pedal felt fine. Had to start the car in gear
> then change gear without the clutch (actually quite easy with the Stag).
> Tried the clutch several times and it wasn't working so I assumed that
> something serious had gone wrong. On arriving at a roundabout after a
> mile or so, pressed the clutch down and it worked perfectly!!!!! And has
> continued to do so albeit I've only driven for a few miles. I'm
> absolutely flummoxed. The only starter for 10 that I have is that I had
> for a while had a slight judder that I'd put down to a spot of oil on
> the plate and I wondered if this could have "stuck" the plates together?
> No I don't really think so either.

Ian,

Sounds like either the centre plate is sticking on the splines of the
mainshaft
or you have oil on it after a long run.

I was at Stoneleigh yesterday as well (in my SD1 !). The first thing I
saw when I came in the gate was an SD1 stuck in the mud ! I parked on
the top field and by the time I came to leave it was a mud bath. I just
managed to keep it moving and hope that nobody got in my way !

Maybe the Stag will be on the road for next year !

Regards,

Dave.

--
	Dave Biggs