Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: stag-digest V4 #124

In message <E1046rc-0002CU-00@domain.elided>, stag-
digest <owner-stag-digest@domain.elided> writes
>Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 12:35:20 +0000
>From: Lenny Seidman <lseidman@domain.elided>
>Subject: Re: Looking for a points plate
>
>Henry,
>I would also check the fuel inertia switch( I think that's what it is
>called?). It's the grey  approx 3"cylindrical gizmo located in the right
>rear corner of the engine compartment  at the top near the wiper motor.
>
>I 've had problems with mine and I finally ended up bypassing it. The
>car would run fine and then cut off. Then wouldn't start, then would
>run. After bypassing and removing the damn thing I haven't had a
>problem.
>
>Good luck,
>
>Lenny Seidman

Agreed the inertia switch can cause problems as you mention - but it's
usually the contacts inside and only a 10 minute job to dismantle &
clean it all up. It is quite a useful safety feature. However I don't
think that's the problem as the inertia switch only supplies power to
the fuel pump.
--
Ian Soady