Stag/Stag Digest Archive

RE: Door Re-skinning

Hi Alistair

Without wishing to do a product endorsement. A very useful tool I
acquired is by Sykes-Pykavant approx. £35. This helps fold the flange
overand also crimping it to the door frame. I looks like a plumbers
wrench with one side as a large nylon pad (to protect the skin) and the
other side to bend the flange.

Whilst I've never done a Stag skin (only Spitfires/GT6's and
2000/2.5's), I've learned "the hard way" to bolt the shell to the car
and then fit the skin. Otherwise the shell can distort in 3 dimension's
and never fit. I'm not sure if this is necessary on Stags.

As usual check three times before doing once. Good luck.

Richard  Brake
richard.brake@domain.elided