Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Re: RE: Anybody know any history?

Stan

>In that case, it almost certainly wont qualify for Road Tax exemption.
Mine is a late Mk1, sometimes called a Mk1 1/2,
because it has some Mk2
features. In fact, I've confused myself because
I've just checked the logbook
and found the Comm. No. is LD12517, which seems to
blow the theory that Mk1's
went from LD1 to LD11000 (I got that piece of
information from The Triumph
Home Page at http://www.team.net/triumph/ , so
we'll blame them if it's wrong!!)

That would be me to blame ...

My current knowledge of evolution is (please
correct me)
June 70		Launch
Oct  70		LD501
Feb  71		LD921 (modified front susp. struts)
Mar  71		LD1001 (some minor inprovements)
Oct  71		new serial numbering starting with
		LD 10001 (LE for US cars)
Jan  72		20 psi cooling pressure
Nov  72		LD 14158 as last MKI
Feb  73		MKII start from LD 20001
Apr  73		LE 20272, Wire wheels replaced by alloys
Jan  75		LD 31153
Jun  75		LD 38324
Oct  75		LD 40001
Oct  76		LD 41994, Type 65 autobox replaces BW35

Anyhow, I have this only from various books and
other sources. Any corrections appreciated.

Tom

--
"That's not a leak... My car is just marking its
territory!"

"Life is too short to drive boring cars!"
Thomas Jell                       | '79 Spitfire
(running, running, ...)
81730 Muenchen                    | '74 STAG
(running again ...)
E-mail: jell@domain.elided    | '63 TR 4
(being rebuilt)

WWW: british car		  | http://www.team.net/sol