Stag/Stag Digest Archive

RE: manual conversion

The input shaft is different as the Stag has a 1¼" diameter shaft and
the saloon has an 1" shaft also the Stag input shaft is longer to
acommodate the adapter plate. The cross-shaft is different as the Stag
has the clutch Slave Cylinder on the other side (same as the Sprint)

Nb. Some suppliers provide wider cross-shaft bush's that last longer and
make the cross-shaft last longer.

Internally I don't know about the gears but I know that the Sprint has a
taller first than the Saloon. I believe the Stag has the same first as
the Sprint. The lay-shaft is bigger as one of the trader's offers an
uprated saloon box with a Stag lay-shaft fitted.

In humble opinion......................

Richard  Brake
richard.brake@domain.elided