Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Inter-Club Liaison - Triumph Forum

Dear All

There was a further Triumph Clubs Forum held last Saturday in London and
hosted by Club Triumph, at which various events were discussed and a
general feeling of cordiality ensued, despite some of the clubs present
vigorously competing for the same members!

The 'Heritage Motor Centre' at Gaydon were so pleased with the response to
the Triumph day in 1998, that they are to duplicate it in 1999 on June 4th,
but they will next time do all the organisation themselves instead of
relying on the clubs.  The general feeling is that each club will inform
their members of the event so they can attend, but will probably not
support it with official club presences.

The S.T.E.R. series of meetings is on course for 1999 in Southern Holland
at Klein Vink as in 1997 and will be held on 29/30 May, with chalets
available as previously.  You probably already know this. If not,
application forms can be requested from the TSSC head office or I can also
send you details.

One of the highlights of the meeting was that the clubs have agreed to join
together once more to organise a 'year 2000' meeting in the UK and a small
sub-committee has been formed of which I am a member.  We are already
working on a venue and Graham Robson is to approach certain venue-owning
organisations to this end.  We have 20 months to get it organised, not
long!  A major perceived problem is providing enough 'content' to the event
to keep everybodys interest, a perennial problem when major events are
based on rally fields.

The subject of unleaded petrol was yet again discussed and it is still
apparent that there remains one huge festering pile of uninformed comment
going the rounds.  The FBHVC (Federation of British Historic Vehicle Clubs)
is already testing additives and fuel line 'gadgets' (even though this is
duplicating work recently completed by the oil companies) in the hope that
common sense will eventually prevail.

One draw-back of the Forum is that it only represents British Clubs.

If anybody has any comments, please let me know.

Mike Wattam
Triumph Stag Register