Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Radio

Hi all
A few years ago I bought a Radio Cassette player in USA.
On getting it home and really looking closely at the instructions, I find it
is suitable for 13.2 volts??
On a test rig the cassette part works fine, but the Radio display does not
work nor does the clock.
I cannot pick up any radio stations.
Can the electricians among you advise if the 13.2 volts DC is the problem,
i.e.it should be 12 volts, and if so why is a 13.2 volt radio marketed in USA.
Are there some vehicles using this voltage?
Or do I just have a duff unit?
Peter H