Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Unleaded and Oil Pressure Gauge

Hi All
Here we go again
Super Unleaded
I only ever use original parts. I have had my diaphragms rotted by super
unleaded in 3/4000 miles.
Toluene may not now be in British Super Unleaded, but it was in New Zealand
Super unleaded 4/5 years ago according to various reports I have read
I only ever use part JS499A original diaphragm in a Rover Branded box from
Rover Dealer or similar part from Burlen. Regular unleaded does not seem to
rot them, current set lasted 8k so far without problems.

Oil pressure gauge.
When my pressure relief valve was stuck for a couple of days, pressure was
getting up to 75 lbs sq in, and dropping to 5 or 4 on tickover. My oil light
did not come on. Without a gauge I would have carried on running like this
until I either blew a seal or a gasket, or over stretched a timing chain, or
something else horrible, so I am glad I have one.

Peter howells