Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Softop Waterproofing...

Hi, Chris,

I used a tin of black restorer from Hart Racing Services.
You could probably buy something at a yacht chandlers.
They may have a waterproofing goo for canvas sails.
This was about five years ago now. I sold the car last year, and
the roof still looked great. It was a mohair hood by the way.
May I suggest that you hoover the canvas well before you start.
You will be surprised at how much dust is embedded in the material.
Once you have hoovered, pat the roof all over, (like your granny
did her carpets in the back yard!), then hoover again. Don't forget
in the gutters.

Disclaimer:
It cannot and refuse to take any responsibility for paint spillage,
brush marks, or brush hairs stuck in the dried paint. :-)

--
David McDougall			|  Mailto:david.mcdougall@domain.elided
(Accounts Dept)			|  Tel: +44 (0)131 467 8413