Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Re: Propogating Stag Mis-Information

Hi everyone.
I can understand Glenn's recent concerns about misinformation. As far as I am
concerned I the offerings on this mailing list are suggestions that result
from the various members knowledge and experience. I cannot imagine anyone
offers advice to deliberately disadvantage a subscriber with a technical
question.
I, presumably in common with other contributors, are obviously not paid for
any advice or information given, and do not take legal responsibilty for it.
All advice is offered on the basis of being unofficial information that may be
useful because it is supported by reference of some kind or experience, or
purely personal opinion, and it must be all utilized entirely at the
recipients or users risk.

Everything I input either comes from one or more of three sources.
1) A known reference like the Parts Catalogue, the Workshop manual, or
thepreliminary service information. Bear in mind that sometimes there are
conflicts between the two letter books, and further differences with known
field experience.
2) My own hands on experience.  (All the comments I have made about unleaded
fuel for example)
3)  Magazine articles, both current and historical. I include the Stag owners
Club Technical Reprints here.

Two final points
I often seek the advice of others on this network.
Being human, there have been a couple of occasions where I  forgot a step in a
procedure, but I have and will always reconnect within 24 hours with the error
correction.

Peter Howells