Stag/Stag Digest Archive

re: Speedometer Capacitor

Pelham wrote:
Subject: Speedometer Capacitor

As I have been getting false readings from my speedometer  (and perhaps
m=
temperature guage) I finally got around to removing the instrument panel
=
check the voltage stabilizer. I found what looks like a capacitor wired
between the 'B' terminal on the voltage stabilizer and the knurled nut
on=

one of the speedometer supports. The workshop manual makes no mention of
this. Has anyone got any ideas what this is for?

People do stupid things!

	I had a problem with my flasher lights and while sorting things out I
discovered that the wire leading to the flasher had been cut and an in
line fuse had been put there.Upon removing the fuse re-connecting the
wires and checking that the relay panel was correctly wired (I did find
one swithed wire) all was well.

Bottom line, if the wireing diagram dosen't show it and the parts book
dosen't list it then it dosen't need to be there.

Rodney Trout
72 Stag
78 Spitfire