Stag/Stag Digest Archive

Speedometer Capacitor

As I have been getting false readings from my speedometer  (and perhaps my
temperature guage) I finally got around to removing the instrument panel to
check the voltage stabilizer. I found what looks like a capacitor wired
between the 'B' terminal on the voltage stabilizer and the knurled nut on
one of the speedometer supports. The workshop manual makes no mention of
this. Has anyone got any ideas what this is for?

Pelham